21) Ram ranked ninth from the top and thirty–eighth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
Clearly, number of students in the class = ( 8 + 1 + 37 ) = 46.
22) In a queue, Viji is fourteenth from the front and Jack is seventeenth from the end, while Mary is in between Viji and Jack. If Viji be ahead of Jack and there be 48 persons in the queue, how many persons are there between Viji and Mary?
Number of persons between Viji and Jack = 48 – (14 + 17) = 17.
Now, Mary lies in middle of these 17 persons i.e., at the eighth position.
So, number of persons between Viji and Mary = 7.
23) If Meena and Reena also exchange their positions between themselves, then after the exchange, Meena’s position from the left will be
Meena’s new position is Reena’s earlier position which is 6th from the left.
24) Mahi ranked ninth from the top and thirty eighth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
Clearly, the whole class consists of :
8 students who have a rank higher than Mahi.
Mahi and 37 students who have rank lower than Mahi
= (8 + 1 + 37)
= 46 students.
25) In a row of girls facing North, Reena is 10th to the left of Pallavi, who is 21st from the right end. If Malini, who is 17th from the left end, is fourth to the right of Reena, how many girls are there in the row?
Pallavi is 21st from right and Reena is 10th to the left of Pallavi.
So, Reena is 31st from right.
Malini is 4th to the right of Reena.
So, Malini is 27th from the right.
Also, Malini is 17th from the left.
Therefore number of girls in the row = ( 26 + 1 + 16 ) = 43.