16) In a queue, Arun is 10th from the front while Mukesh is 25th from behind and Maha is just in the middle of the two. If there be 50 persons in the queue, What position does Maha occupy from the front?
Number of persons between Arun and Mukesh
= 50 – (10 + 25) = 15.
Since Maha lies in middle of these 15 persons, so Maha’s position is 8th from Arun i.e. 18th from the front.
17) In a row of boys, if A who is tenth from the left and B who is ninth from the right interchange their positions. A becomes fifteenth from the left. How many boys are there in the row?
Clearly, A’s new position is 15th from the left. But this is the same as B’s earlier position which is 9th from the right.
18) In a row of girls, Ramya is fifth from the left and Priya is sixth from the right. When they exchange their positions, then Ramya becomes thirteenth from the left. What will be Priya’s position from the right?
Ramya’s new position is 13th from left. But it is the same as Priya’s earlier position which is 6th from the right.
Thus, the row consists of ( 12 + 1 + 5 ) = 18 girls.
Now, Priya’s new position is Ramya’s earlier position which is 5th from the left.
Number of girls to the right of Priya = (18 – 5) = 13.
So, Priya’s new position is 14th from the right.
19) If Ajay finds that he is twelth from the right in a line of boys and fourth from the left, how many boys should be added to the line such that there are 28 boys in the line?
Clearly number of boys in the line = (11 + 1 + 3) = 15.
Therefore number of boys to be added = 28 – 15 = 13.
20) In a row of boys, A is fifteenth from the left and B is fourth from the right. There are three boys between A and B, C is just left of A. What is the C’s position from the right?
Number of boys in the row = ( 15 + 4 + 3 ) = 22.
C is just left of A. So, C is 14th from the left end.
Number of boys to the right end of the row.
So, C is 9th from the right end of the row.