21) Pointing to a lady a person said, “The son of her only brother is the brother of my wife.” How is the lady related to the person?
Answer: Sister of father-in-law
Brother of person’s wife → brother-in-law of the person.
Hence, the son of lady’s brother is brother-in-law of the person.
Therefore, the brother of the lady is the father-in-law of the person.
Hence, the lady is the sister of the person’s father-in-law.
22) Pointing to a girl Govinda said, “She is the daughter of the only sister of my father.” How is Govinda related to the girl?
The girl is the daughter of the sister of Govinda’s father. Hence, the girl is the cousin or Govinda is the cousin of the girl.
23) Pointing to a boy in the photograph Reemasen said, “He is the only son of the only child of my grandfather.” How Reemasen is related to that boy?
The boy in the photograph is the only son of Reemasen’s grandfather’s only son;
i.e., the boy is the only son of Reemasen’s father.
Hence, the boy is the brother of Reemasen or Reemasen is the sister of the boy.
24) Pointing towards a girl, Amitab says, “This girl is the daughter of only a child of my father.” What is the relation of Amitab’s wife to that girl?
Only the child of my father means ‘Amitab’ himself. This means the girl is the daughter od Amitab. Hence, Amitab’s wife is the mother of the girl.
25) Prabas said to a lady sitting in a car, “The only daughter of the brother of my wife is the sister-in-law of the brother of your sister.” How the husband of the lady is related to Prabas?
Prabas’s son-in-law is the brother of the lady who was sitting in the car. Hence, the husband is also the son-in-law of Prabas.
26) Pointing to a photograph, Raana said, “She is the daughter of my grandfather’s only son.” How is Raana related to the girl in the photograph ?
grandfather’s only son — father.
So, the girl is the daughter of Raana’s father i.e.,
Raana is the girl`s brother.
27) Looking at a portrait of a man, Bahubali said, “His mother is the wife of my father’s son. Brothers and sisters I have none.” At whose portrait was Bahubali looking ?
Answer: His son
Since Bahubali has no brother or sister, so he is his father’s only son.
Now, wife of my father’s son — my wife.
So, Bahubali’s wife is the man’s mother or the man is Bahubali’s son.
28) A girl introduced a boy as the son of the daughter of the father of her uncle. The boy is girl`s
Daughter of uncle’s father — Uncle’s sister — Mother
Mother’s son — Brother
29) If X is the brother of the son of Y`s son, how is X related to Y ?
Son of Y’s son — Grandson
Brother of Y’s grandson — Y’s granson.
30) Pointing to a women in a photograph a man says “She is the daughter-in-law of the mother of my father’s only grandson”. How is he woman related to the man?
mother of my father’s only grandson – my sister
daughter-in-law of the sister – daughter